Review of Berlin Demography Forum
2012 Family, Children, Society
Prof. Jörg Rocholl and Ambassador Wolfgang Ischinger hosted the Berlin Demography Forum Conference on Thursday, 12 January 2012, 3 p.m. to Friday, 13 January 2012, 3 p.m at ESMT.
Like many other countries, Germany faces fundamental demographic challenges that will affect nearly all aspects of life and society. In order to increase the awareness for demographic issues, the Federal Minister of Family Affairs, Senior Citizens, Women and Youth, Dr. Kristina Schröder, and the CEO of Allianz SE, Michael Diekmann, initiated the Berlin Demography Forum (BDF). The BDF provides a unique platform, where decision-makers and opinion leaders actively discuss the challenges of demographic change. Therefore, several high-level representatives from academia, politics, business, civil society and media will come together in the European School of Management and Technology (ESMT).
On Thursday there will was an evening reception for all participants.
Panel discussion topics included:
Thursday, 12 January 2012:
- International Demographic Policies
- European Family Policies
Friday, 13 January 2012:
- Economy, Work and Family
- Decision-points for a Family: Work, Time, Infrastructure, Integration
Among the confirmed participants are:
- Prof. Jutta Allmendinger Ph.D., President, Science Centre for Social Research Berlin
- Sabine Bätzing-Lichtenthäler (SPD), MoP, Working Group on Demographic Change
- Prof. Joshua Goldstein, Director, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research
- Annegret Kramp-Karrenbauer (CDU), Prime Minister Saarland
- Timothy Ma Kam Wah, Executive Director, Senior Citizen Home Safety Association, Hong Kong
- Prof. Tilman Mayer, President, German Society for Demography
- Sir Simon McDonald, British Ambassador to Germany
- Franz Müntefering (SPD), MoP, SpeakerWorking Group on Demographic Change
- Dr. Monika Queisser, Head of Department Social Policies OECD, Paris
- Prof. Jean-Marie Robine, French National Institute of Health and Medical Research, Paris
- Prof. Bert Rürup, Head Board of Trustees, German Institute for Economic Research
- Prof. Norbert Schneider, Director, Federal Institute for Population Research
- Zdzisław Sokal, Member of the Board, National Bank of Poland
- Prof. Ursula M. Staudinger, Vice-President, Leopoldina National Academy
Please visit www.berlinerdemografieforum.org for more information.