The ESMT Executive MBA program has been designed to give your organization a competitive edge by endowing your high-potential executives with the advanced set of skills necessary for international leadership success. Learn how sponsoring your people to pursue an Executive MBA degree can yield a direct return on investment to your organization.
Use company sponsorship to develop executive talent and your organization
- The ESMT EMBA exposes your executives to a constant stream of new ideas and strategies. By combining initial management experience with a thorough grounding in business theory and fundamentals, EMBA participants develop a cross-functional managerial view which equips them to lead innovative organizational change in your company.
- Sponsoring your employees to the ESMT EMBA program helps them to enhance their strategic leadership skills, take on broader responsibilities and drive performance throughout your organization more powerfully.
- Investing in the professional development of your workforce creates loyalty and retains your top talent.
- Company-related assignments, such as the Practice Project, address current issues within your organization and deliver applicable solutions to your company’s operations.
- Prior to nominating candidates to an EMBA program, identify your high-potentials through a well-structured transparent internal selection process
- Clarify that the candidate’s individual goals are aligned with the company’s objectives, especially for the time after completion of the course. Tailored career development plans are instrumental in ensuring this match.
- During the program, choose a Practice Project topic that meets your organization’s interests.
- Monitor your candidate’s academic progress on the basis of regularly submitted intermediate academic results and set up internal workshops or discussion groups through which your employee shares new insights with colleagues even before graduation.
- Have your candidate sign a loyalty agreement specifying that he/she will continue to work for your organization for a certain period of time after completion of the program
- ESMT provides a truly global learning environment with participants representing a rich variety of academic backgrounds, industries and nationalities, a unique platform for intercultural learning through collaboration and diversity.
- ESMT Executive MBA program is focused on building connections to the real world of business in which our 25 founding corporations live and breathe. By exposing your high-potentials to the best practices of other companies, you will strengthen your organization’s network with other major partners across industries.
- ESMT understands the importance of technology in delivering a more sustainable future for business, and focuses on innovation and creativity in the classroom and in research.
- ESMT is rooted in the values of entrepreneurship, pluralism, and debate and strives to embed an automatic trigger of responsible leadership in its graduates when they are faced with critical business decisions in the future.
- ESMT Faculty have been recruited to the school from top global PhD programs and teaching institutions such as Harvard Business School, London Business School, INSEAD, IMD, and Columbia Business School, among others.
- ESMT’s MBA Programs are fully accredited by national and international accreditation agencies.
- is a university graduate with significant (5+) professional and management experience, the maturity to lead people and the willingness to take calculated risks.
- possesses strong academic credentials from any prior field of study. Among ESMT’s alumni there are, for example, engineers, scientists, sinologists and lawyers.
- is an adept, energetic learner with strong intellectual curiosity.
- is highly self-motivated and ready to work towards higher and broader levels of responsibility.
- can successfully balance work, study and private life.
Company support is of ultimate importance, as your high-potentials attempt to balance their professional performance with academic obligations and private life. Sponsorship to the ESMT EMBA can assume various shapes, ranging from granting time allowance without financial backing to time allowance with settlement of the program fee and travel costs.
- Time allowance: It is vital that sponsors permit their candidates to take time away from the office to attend the live-in modules accounting for a timeframe of 47 workdays in total across the duration of the program (spread across three calendar years). For each day of the module, classes generally proceed from 8:30 am to 7 pm. In addition, participants need to allot evening time to do preparatory work for the respective module sessions. During off-campus-periods, participants spend 10-15 hours per week on completing individual and group assignments, case readings, and research activities.
- Financial support: While we do not expect all candidates to be fully sponsored financially, many companies do grant a certain amount of financial support or even full funding. Your organization may also wish to consider supporting your candidate through a combination of time allowance and financial back-up. For self-funded candidates, ESMT offers a limited number of additional financing options.