ESMT Entrepreneurs Club past events
June 28, 2011: Life is tough as an entrepreneur (Organized by ESMT E-Club)
Recently, we invited one of the prominent entrepreneurs of Germany, "Holger Weiss, who is currently the CEO of a happening" company in Berlin - AUPEO!, which is the first internet radio platform (hosted in the cloud and played on any internet capable hardware device) which can be totally personalized, 25 employees, and headquartered in Berlin.
Knowledge was shared on how MBA students can assist startup founders, the role of the ESMT E-Club in the entrepreneurial community and the hardships faced in the personal, financial and functional spehres of the entreprenurial life.
Thanks Holger Weiss for visiting us, sharing your thoughts and hope to continue to work with you in the future to develop the Berlin startup scene and involvement of academia for the same.
June 27, 2011: From Venture Capitalist to Entrepreneur (Organized by ESMT E-Club)
From Left to Right: Nitin Malhotra, Clement Luton, Lukas Brosseder, Stefano Castelnuovo, Nina Kumperscak and Nishant Aurora.
We met with one of the founders of eDarling, Lukas Brosseder, and the HR head, Xenia Bossowa. Our curiosity sparked some questions in regards to the following:
- Why you chose to start this business (drive/passion/etc.)?
- Challenges faced (financial/personal/partnerships/negotiations)?
- Your "match-making" business model, revenue streams?
- Evolving work-life balance (stakeholders involved)?
- Bootstrapping/opportunities to raise money in Berlin?
- Advice to a non-German speaking entrepreneur seeking to start something here?
Thanks eDarling for sharing experiences and hosting us!
June 23, 2011: Venture Capital life (organized by Benoit Leleux)
From Left to Right: Amelie Deschamps, Nitin Malhotra, Clement Luton, Prabhu Patil, Brant Richards, Nishant Aurora and Benoit Leleux
Brant Richards, Director, Solar Mobility at I Sol Ventures GmbH; responsible for worldwide venture strategy for investment in early stage companies focused on applying solar and other sustainable technologies to the transportation and mobility markets. Particular geographic focus is USA, Europe, and Australia; Entrepreneur, graduated MBA from IMD and BS from Stanford.
- Venture Capital from an American perspective in Berlin
- Investment trends in Solar technology and renewables energy
- Journey of an entrepreneur to a corporate to a VC career
April 29, 2011: Entrepreneurial & Corporate Careers (organized by Susanne May)
- Julia Derndinger, imedo GmbH
- Jan Miczaika, wooga GmbH
- Roger Ahn, Ex-McKinsey & co., CEO and Principal Consultant, Wewin Games Ltd.
- How to build a successful entrepreneurial career
- How to set up a business: from the idea to implementation
- How to attract investors (VCs, Angel Investors)
- Do's & Don'ts
- How to create business as a freelance consultant