* PLEASE NOTE ESMT has implemented a new application system for the Full-time MBA.
All applications started AFTER July 23, 2018 must be completed and submitted using the new application system via this link.
All applications started PRIOR to the above date may still be completed and submitted via this link.
We apologize for any inconvenience. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us.
Admitting candidates with the right fit for ESMT
ESMT's admissions team is looking for a diverse group of professionals who share ESMT’s mission and who will succeed in the MBA program, both academically and professionally. ESMT considers each detail of a potential student's application to assess their abilities and goals. Specifically, ESMT MBA Admissions looks for these key qualities in applicants:
- Excellent analytical ability, both quantitative and qualitative
- International outlook, intercultural competence, and a responsible approach to business
- Proven teamwork skills in stressful situations
- Leadership potential, especially for high-performance career growth in a global environment
- Willingness to learn from others in a collegial environment
MBA admissions process
MBA Admissions operates a rolling deadline, with available places in the class filled on a continual basis. Space in the ESMT MBA class is limited, and early application is strongly suggested. The following are deadlines for the next MBA intake:
- April 2: Early decision deadline. Applicants will receive the first chance to reserve their seats in the class.
- July 2: Students planning to enroll in the optional pre-MBA courses running from October to December are encouraged to apply by this date. Students not needing a visa to enter Germany may apply after this deadline. These optional pre-MBA courses include the intensive German language classes in Berlin.
- October 1: Many of ESMT’s competitive scholarships are awarded by this deadline. (NOTE: applying before October 1 does not decrease your scholarship chances. After the October deadline there will still be partial scholarships available)
- November 3: This is the last deadline for the MBA program, if you require a visa to enter Germany. If the class becomes full, students will be waitlisted.
- December 3: For students not requiring a visa to enter Germany*
* Applicants from Australia, Brazil, Canada, El Salvador, EU, Honduras, Israel, Japan, New Zealand, South Korea and the United States, DO NOT need visas to enter Germany as a student. As these regulations can change without notice, please confirm with ESMT or your nearest German Embassy or Consulate.