Executive Transition Program
Succeed in the transition to general management responsibility
The Executive Transition Program (ETP) is a modular three week general management program designed for experienced, functional managers who have recently moved, or are about to move, into positions with more general management responsibilities.
The ETP delivers an integrative understanding of management insights, that is, the tools, skills, and attitudes participants will need to achieve greater levels of success and competence as managers. They will return to their company with the broad strategic understanding necessary to seize business opportunities for long-term success. The course’s three modules have been custom-designed to support mid- to senior-level managers in:
- Developing an in-depth understanding of the core managerial competencies required to manage across functions
- Mastering the general management perspectives and capabilities necessary to lead new business development or existing business transformation, including the interaction of business and politics
- Evaluating, defining, and adopting the role of a responsible leader capable of collaborating with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
Acquire the latest management best practices – Grounded in the European humanist tradition
The program’s design and philosophy are inspired by the principles and ideals of the Enlightenment of Continental Europe. Participants will draw on this tradition to:
- Engage in candid dialog supported by rational and critical thinking
- Embrace an open attitude toward people from diverse cultural, educational, professional, religious, and functional backgrounds
- Adopt technological and scientific discoveries and innovations
Postgraduate Diploma in Advanced Management
Having completed the ETP you will receive the ESMT Postgraduate Diploma in Advanced Management, a prestigious recognition of your professional development.
To increase the number of female executives, ESMT awards 2 full-tuition scholarships and two ESMT/30% Club partial scholarships (value €9,950) for women in leadership positions.
Exceptionally qualified and talented candidates might be eligible for the scholarships. Please get in contact with the ETP Program Director Urs Müller.