Modern Sales Management
Manage the main challenges that confront your company in sales management
Sales management has never been as challenging as it is today. Business models are changing as company managers strive to establish themselves as solution providers while capitalizing on digitalization and handling global competition. At the same time, it is becoming increasingly difficult to find, lead, and retain qualified sales personnel who are able to cope with these challenges.
Against this backdrop, sales managers need to rethink established practices. To support managers in this endeavor, the English language program “Modern Sales Management” (MSM) answers the question of how to manage sales in a modern way. Participants will learn about the newest scientific insights and how to build and steer a winning sales force while effectively managing customer relationships. Participants will also discuss how to implement the required changes and strategies when dealing with resistance.
Managers with several years of professional experience in sales, marketing, or customer management.
- approaches to modern sales management
- learn how to build and manage a successful sales force in today’s market and analyze best-practice examples
- take a critical look at personal approaches to sales management and plan specific actions for optimization
- transport the competencies required for a contemporary management of sales into a company
- capitalize on the exchange between executives form different industries
- Current challenges in sales management: Servitization, digitalization, internationalization
- Building the salesforce: Attracting and selecting qualified sales representatives
- Managing the salesforce: Modern KPIs and incentive systems, managing change in the sales organization
- Managing customer relationships: Modern CRM, insights into customer psychology
“This is a well-structured, practice-oriented program offering new insights on client satisfaction and including an international network of faculty and peers.”
Zoltan Ocsenas, Regional Head, Business Development CEE, Allianz Investmentbank
Meet the teaching staff
Johannes Habel (Program Director)
Associate Professor, ESMT Berlin
Johannes Habel is an associate professor and program director at ESMT Berlin with a focus on sales and marketing management. Before joining ESMT, he worked for Booz & Company for four years, consulting major international corporations on strategic and organizational topics. Furthermore, he worked as a radio journalist for several years.
Professor of Practice and Dean of Executive Education, ESMT
Professor Olaf Plötner joined ESMT Berlin as one of the first faculty members and managing director of ESMT Customized Solutions GmbH in 2002. His current research and teaching focus on strategic management, industrial market management, and sales management in global B2B markets. His work is reflected in his most recent book Counter Strategies in Global Markets, published by Palgrave Macmillan, Springer, and SDX Shanghai. His research has been portrayed in journals such as Industrial Marketing Management and Journal of Business and Industrial Marking as well as in leading international media such as The Wall Street Journal, Times of India, Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, China Daily Europe, and Financial Times.
Professor Plötner is a visiting professor at Darden School of Business and a regular guest lecturer at Freie Universität Berlin and ESCP Ecole Supérieure de Commerce de Paris.
Professor Plötner also worked as a consultant at the Boston Consulting Group in Frankfurt and as a director at Siemens AG in Boston.