Booster Program: IT for Leaders
Change your perspective regarding IT: IT decisions are business decisions.
Without doubt, information and communication technology (ICT) is the biggest disruptive force confronting most organizations and their leadership teams today. And it is not just large organizations, but organizations of all sizes including the public sector that are being impacted by the inexorable advances in technology. Most businesses today are – or, at least, are becoming – digital businesses. No industry, it seems, is immune to the realities where business models, business processes, value proposition, customer experiences, products, services and management practices have been or are being transformed by the internet and other digital technologies.
CEOs and their CxO colleagues play a pivotal role in determining whether or not their organizations exploit the innovative opportunities provided by IT. In particular, realizing value from IT requires the leadership team’s attention and oversight. The objective of this English language one-day booster is to provide guidance for you to successfully navigate the digital landscape, because
IT decisions are fundamentally business decisions.
Executives who want to profit from the value creation of their IT investments.
- change your perspective and ‘frame of reference’ regarding IT
- do things differently in the organization
- recognize and accept your accountability for creating and sustaining value from IT investments and driving that accountability down through the organizations
- Unlocking value from IT investments
- Managing the IT Investment Portfolio
- IT Strategy and Innovation
- Leading the Digital Enterprise
Meet the teaching staff
Joe Peppard (Program Director)
Professor, ESMT Berlin
Joe is Director of the School’s IT Leadership Program. He is also Adjunct Professor at the University of South Australia. Over the years he has held academic appointments at Loughborough University, Trinity College Dublin, Groningen University, and the University of Sydney.
The focus of Joe’s research and teaching is in the area of information systems and technology. His research falls under five broad themes:
- Leadership: driving the organisation forward in the use and exploitation of IT, including the leadership role of the CIO
- Strategy: thinking strategically about information, systems and technology
- Innovation: marrying emerging technology capability with business opportunities
- Organisation: structuring and sourcing IT infrastructure, services, human capital and processes and the enterprise governance of IT
- Value: generating value from IT investments.
Professor Peppard's consulting is focused on advising organisations on IT and strategy related matters and how to unlock business value from their IT investments. He also works with a number of technology companies helping them with their strategy, market positioning and growth.