INVITATION: Entrepreneurial Accounting
Reporting for and by startup firms
ESMT European School of Management and Technology,
Schlossplatz 1, 10178 Berlin
Wednesday, 29. June 2016, 6:15 p.m.
Entrepreneurial firms make different accounting choices to established companies. These differences include the choice of key performance indicators, the uses of accounting information in valuation and contracting, and general approaches for coordinating and controlling decisions. Still, startups frequently interact with the "old economy" on finance and product markets, and to do so, they require a common business language.
We cordially invite you to Professor Cassar's talk on 29th June and the following discussion with experts from Berlin’s startup scene, which aims to tackle the implications of a changing accounting landscape for the performance and long-term prospects of entrepreneurial activity.
Speaker and panelists
• Gavin Cassar – Professor of Accounting and Control at INSEAD Business School with research focus on how entrepreneurs and hedge fund managers use information for their decision making needs
• Peter Lennartz – Partner at EY Berlin and Head of the EY Start-up Initiative in Germany, Switzerland and Austria
• Mathias Ockenfels – Principal at Point Nine Capital
• Torben Schreiter – Co-Founder & COO of Signavio GmbH
• Christian Senitz – International CFO of Rocket Internet
6:15 p.m. – Opening and welcome by Professor Jörg Rocholl, President of ESMT Berlin
6:20 p.m. – Speech by Professor Gavin Cassar
6:50 p.m. – Panel discussion and Q&A from the audience
6:50 p.m. – Moderation by Joachim Gassen, Professor of Accounting and Auditing, HU Berlin
8:00 p.m. – Refreshments
Individual registration is required.
Please register via Eventbrite or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Seating is limited and will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.