Financial Stability Conference 2018
"From Risk Reduction to Risk Sharing: How to align opposing Policy Concepts and shape a balanced financial Architecture in the EU? – Disentangling ambiguous Policies, national Dynamics and regulatory Biasis"
The conference is a high level public event with a most topical program in Berlin. A foremost policy-oriented stance is taken to discuss some of the most crucial issues lying ahead. Central questions will be inter alia how to align opposing policy concepts of risk reduction and risk sharing, lessens from first experiences with resolution, safe asset concepts as well as visions about a future financial Architecture, rather than repairing the existing one.
- Fragmentation, Interconnectedness, and Systemic Risk: Opposing Perceptions or Interaction in a supposedly Single Market?
- Safe Assets Concepts and Market Discipline in the Euro Area: Fiction or Vision for Curing Banks States Circular Dependencies?
- Credibility of the Resolution Regime and Preference of Creditors: First Experiences with Decision Making, Liability and Bail-in
- From Repair to Vision: Conceptions for a common beneficial financial Architecture and institutional Framework in the EU
Wednesday, October 31, 2018, 9:00 a.m; Registration starts at 8:15 a.m.
Schlossplatz 1, 10178 Berlin
Organizer: FRS Financial Risk and Stability Network
>> More information on speakers and agenda
Participation is without fees but restricted on confirmed registration. For attendance a confirmation by the organiser is necessary. Please note that for registering your personal details are required. Registrations to the conference only via email@example.com. Registration deadline is Oct. 22.
Amongst the speakers and panelists are:
- Giuseppe Boccuzzi, Executive Director, Italian Interbank Deposit Protection Fund
- Arnoud Boot, Professor of Corporate Finance and Financial Markets, University of Amsterdam
- Lee Buchheit, Partner, Cleary Gottlieb
- Elisa Ferreira, Vice Governor, Bank of Portugal
- Daniel Hardy, Chief of the Debt and Capital Market Instruments Division, International Monetary Fund
- Samy Harraz, Head of Policy Coordination and International Relations, Single Resolution Board
- Dietmar Hornung, Associate Managing Director, Moody’s
- Bart Joosen, Professor of Prudential Supervisory Law, University of Amsterdam
- Steffen Kern, Chief Economist and Head of Risk Analysis, European Securities and Markets Authority
- Dennis Kelleher, President and CEO, Better Markets
- Matthias Kollatz, Senator for Finance, Berlin
- Jörg Kukies, State Secretary, German Federal Ministry of Finance
- Reza Moghadam, Vice Chairman for Sovereigns and the Official Institutions, Morgan Stanley
- Danièle Nouy, Chair of the Supervisory Board, European Central Bank
- Thierry Philipponnat, Director, Institut Friedland
- Thorsten Pötzsch, Chief Executive Director of the Resolution Directorate, Federal Financial Supervisory Authority
- Odile Renaud-Basso, Director General of the Treasury, French Ministry for the Economy and Finance
- Wolf-Georg Ringe, Chair for Economics Analysis of Law, University of Hamburg
- Jörg Rocholl, President, ESMT Berlin
- Sven Schelo, Partner, Linklaters
- Rolf Strauch, Member of the Management Board, European Stability Mechanism
- Emiliano Tornese, Deputy Head, Resolution and Crisis Management, European Commission
- Tobias Tröger, Chair of Private Law, Trade and Business Law, Jurisprudence, Goethe University Frankfurt
- Leopold von Thadden, Principal Economist, Monetary Policy Strategy, European Central Bank
- Nicolas Véron, Senior Fellow, Bruegel and Peterson Institute for International Economics
About the Financial Risk and Stability Network
FRS Financial Risk and Stability gGmbH is a non-profit organisation based in Berlin focusing on bank regulation, financial stability and financial sector reforms in the EU. FRS stimulates research, advances the policy debate and brings together various stakeholders, academia and the public in open debate formats.