Founded: 2002 by 25 leading German corporations and institutions
Institutional type: State-accredited private business school with the right to grant PhDs (at university-level)
President: Jörg Rocholl, PhD
Endowment: 124.5 million EUR (December 2017)
School’s earnings: 31.4 million EUR (December 2017)
Areas of competence:
- There are two Master's in Management classes. The first class is made up of 45 students from 28 different countries (2016-18). The second class has 89 participants representing 39 nationalities (2017-19). The average age of the students starting the ESMT MIM program is 23.
- The Full-time MBA program currently has 68 participants representing 34 nationalities. They are on average 30 years old and have 7 and a half years of work experience.
- There are two Executive MBA classes: The Class 2016-18 has 64 participants from 33 countries and the Class 2017-19 has 54 participants from 24 countries. The Class 2016-18 has 11 years of work experience on average.
- The ESMT Executive Development Programs offer managers a hands-on, collaborative learning environment that combines cutting-edge business strategy with socially responsible leadership. Seminars are in German and in English.
- ESMT Customized Solutions offer tailor-made programs. Program modules are prepared in advance, in consultation with company representatives.
- Around 3,500 executive education participants take part in the ESMT Executive Development Programs per year.
Faculty (as of September 2017):
- 38 faculty members from 18 nations
- More than 40 visiting faculty members
Alumni: More than 18,000 alumni of degree and executive education programs (as of September 2017)
Accreditations: AACSB, AMBA, EQUIS, and FIBAA
Founders and benefactors
Airbus Group, Allianz SE, Axel Springer SE, Bayer AG, Bayerische Motoren Werke AG, Bundesverband der Deutschen Industrie e.V., Bundesvereinigung der Deutschen Arbeitgeberverbände e.V., Daimler AG, Deutsche Bank AG, Deutsche Lufthansa AG, Deutsche Post AG, Deutsche Telekom AG, E.ON SE, GAZPROM Germania GmbH, HypoVereinsbank - UniCredit Bank AG, innogy SE, KPMG AG Wirtschaftsprüfungsgesellschaft, MAN SE, McKinsey & Company Inc., Münchener Rückversicherungs-Gesellschaft AG, Robert Bosch GmbH, SAP SE, Siemens AG, The Boston Consulting Group, thyssenkrupp AG