What we do
We foster talent
The FRIENDS OF ESMT build a network to develop and promote the principles of responsible leadership. This includes the support of teaching, program development, and research at ESMT Berlin as well as the collaboration with relevant sponsoring institutions.
- The FRIENDS OF ESMT, together with the School, cooperate with the Kofi Annan Business Schools Foundation in The Hague and five other quality business schools (www.KABSF.org). They mutually conduct a Fellowship Program enabling students from developing countries to pursue an internationally accredited management education at ESMT. After completion of their studies, the graduates return to their home countries and contribute to their development in their roles as entrepreneurial leaders.
- The FRIENDS OF ESMT promote the Responsible Leaders Fellowship Program for the graduates of the ESMT MBA and the Master’s in Management (MIM) program. The Fellowship Program starts immediately after graduation and leads the graduate for six months to a social hot spot, where they gather experience as responsible leaders.
- The FRIENDS OF ESMT support the “Deans Across Frontiers (EDAF)” program of EFMD European Foundation for Management Development. It aims to assist Business Schools to develop further through mentoring of the institution’s Senior Management Team.
- The FRIENDS OF ESMT cooperate with the Alumni Network of ESMT and support Alumni initiatives (such as the Social Impact Club and the Entrepreneur-Club).
We support the exchange between academics and practitioners
- The FRIENDS OF ESMT support the placement of high potentials from developing countries in German companies.
- The FRIENDS OF ESMT cooperate with corporate members in the field of Corporate Responsibility.
- The FRIENDS OF ESMT focus on medium-sized technology companies.
We support the relationship between ESMT Berlin and its neighbors
- The FRIENDS OF ESMT initiate special events and executive discussion panels in cooperation with BDA, BDI, DIHK, IHK Berlin, Unternehmensverbände Berlin und Brandenburg (UVB) as well as representatives of German economic policy. These encounters take place at the ESMT Berlin Campus, Schlossplatz 1, Berlin.